So, as some of you are aware, I am REALLY struggling with Emily these past few months. I love my little spit fire of a girl to pieces, but she is driving me INSANE!!!! She has decided to wet her pants about 3 times a day for no apparent reason at all, she has attached herself to Sam's binki's and throws FULL ON TANTRUMS wherever the heck she feels the urge to do so! So, Yesterday I had all 4 kids at the post office (am i crazy? yes!) when the urge came on to throw a HUGE fit! Of course the line is a mile long and everyone is just staring at me! To make things worse, Sam started screaming bloody murder, and Zach had to pee REALLY bad! When I finally got the to car I was ONE MAD MAMA! Emily was still screaming and making sam even more upset, so I turned around and flicked her on her mouth. Yes, I know that just makes her scream louder and harder, but it made me feel a little better!:) I tried to block out the squawking as i drove home. I got to a stop light and looked back at her and she was COVERED in blood! I am not just saying a little...her hands were covered, her face was covered, it was even in her hair! Here's our conversation....
me: Emily? What happened? Why are you covered in blood?
Em: From you flicking me!
me: That is NOT from me, I barely flicked you!
Em: It is from you.
Me: No, I think it's coming from your nose!
Em: (Now hysterical and gagging at the sight of her own blood) Make it stop!
We get to another stoplight so I lean back to see where it is coming from...it is coming from her lip! I think my nail clipped her lip! What kind of mother makes their 3 year have a bloody lip? i guess now you know of at least one!















12 comments:
Oh my gosh Aubrey! I did that same thing to Lily. It made me feel HORRIBLE that I made her bleed! The worst feeling ever. I can't tell you how many times I said sorry to the girl. It makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one.
Isn't being a mom super fun? :)LOVE the pics of my kids- you really are amazing!
I admire you for admitting that! I keep all my mishaps deep dark secrets!
I recognize the area you took photos up here. You need to come back and do ours -when I lose 20 lbs anyway!
Been there, done that. Only we didn't have blood. But you are still a good Mommy.
Did you want to come to Brunch at my house on Thursday morning?
Guess we will have to turn you in! Reminds me of the time you were having a temper tantrum and I pulled you out of the back seat of the car and dislocated your arm. Ooops! I had to take you to the emergency room so it could be worse than a bloody lip that know one needs to know about (unless you blog of course!) Love ya!
Oh, I hate those moments of momma guilt. it's the worst. We've all done stuff we're not proud of. Just yesterday Isaac was not listening to me and being way too sassy and I unleashed two HUGE spanks on his bum. I never do that. It shocked him and the look he gave me coupled with the extreme howling made me want to cry in remorse, but also want to do it again because I was still mad at how he was acting. Mothering is a tough gig.
I have had those kind of days! Your a great mom!
Motherhood is a Journey of a lifetime and we ALL learn from our mistakes. Your daughter will never remember the situation in 10 yrs. but you will never forget! It's in remembering... that we become a better MOM. Being a full-time Mom is the hardest job on the planet, hang in there.
Aww, such cute pictures! Thanks Aubrey!
Wow!! I'm impressed that you admitted that. It's so hard to actually admit how mad that we get. :( I've been there done that with the flicking. Luckily not the bleeding part though. I'm so sorry..I think we need to hang out again. I totally feel for ya Aubrey. I know exactly how that is..I mean you know my daughter :) lol!! Anyway, talk to you later.
Oh I think we have all been there! Kierra reminds me all the time when she was back talking me and I took her into the bathroom at Best Buy and I made her nose bleed and I had only went to pat her mouth like my mom use to do to me but I got the tip of her nose so it made her bleed so then I started crying because I felt so bad! Every mother understands that moment and I always say kids have the most talent because it is amazing how they just know what buttons to push to make you so upset....but we still love them!
oh aubrey! {{hugs}} we've all been there in one way or another. you are just as normal as the rest of us. (which... in my case... may not be normal at all! haha) will you be at brunch tomorrow? i havent seen you in forever! :)
Post a Comment