Tuesday, August 31, 2010

guilty.

I  was just organizing a little b-day party for rachel a bit ago, and a WAVE of GUILT came over me....it stopped me dead in my tracks and I started to bawl like a baby. I know it is over such a silly thing, but i am feeling like a terrible mother today. I didn't throw Sam a first bday party! I had big plans for it - i did. For some reason, I just wasn't in the mood to throw parties this summer. I did make sure Zach had a fun pirate one for his 8th bday, but poor emily didn't get one either - she seemed happy with just going lagoon AGAIN (season passes were a big treat for us this summer!) Rachel asked so sweetly yesterday if she could have a carnival party...how could I say no? :) Anyway, all of my kids have had special ONE year old parties, so here I am feeling so badly that I let myself get too tired to do the same for my little chubba bubba. I know someday he will notice, and I have NO excuse. It's not his fault he is the youngest of 4 - He should have the same things the others did. Why do I worry about such random things?  sigh.......

6 comments:

Heather said...

I hear ya, lady! Russ isn't going to be getting much of a party...We'll be driving home from California. Yay.
On the other hand, that's funny that Rachel wants a carnival party, because that's what we did for Allie this year, too! We even gave away little goldfish as prizes. So fun!!! Don't be too hard on yourself, my dear!!!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Hey heath! Great minds think alike! I bought jars for the gold fish today!:)
thanks for making me feel better! Love you too!

Clowardfamily said...

We all experience these feelings as mother's, so know you are not alone. The good thing is that as an adult I don't think myself or any of my siblings have ever cared if we had an awesome first birthday party, so most likely he won't either. What my siblings do notice is how many more pictures there are of me as the oldest rather than them, however you love taking pictures of that little cutie so he is covered there! Get him something really special and take some cute first birthday pictures a little late with some fun birthday props and have all those pictures available for him later in life and he will love it. He's not been one for long!!! Can't wait to see you on Thursday and had a blast with you last week. hugs from this mom to you!

diane said...

Clowardfamily has great points and great ideas! I say "Amen" to everything she said! You're doing a great job!

April said...

AJ didn't get one either cause she was really sick on her birthday. You could still throw one for him. LOL. He is still 1 after all. :)

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

If Sam stays the youngest, then later in life he will get things from you that require time that the others probably didn't get. When he is home all by himself because all the others are in school you'll see what I mean! :)

Blog Archive