Do you ever feel insecure about the little things in your life? I am not sure why I have been feeling this way, but i have noticed that I criticize just about EVERYTHING that I do lately. I worry that my house isn't good enough for some people to see, i am not a confidant cook - so i just try to avoid it, I am learning to sew, but I feel that I stink at it, so now I have a pile of unfinished dresses just staring at me, waiting to be finished. I even find myself zipping up my coat when I go into a store with all of kids, hoping that nobody will make the comment "oh, you're having ANOTHER baby?" (I get asked that just about everywhere that I go.) I love trying new things with decorating, fashion for my girls, just little projects that i see done on blogs, but when i am finished with the final product, i never have the confidence to show them to anyone. Well, today I am going to go for it!!!! Here is my take at the "bustle skirt" that I have seen floating around in blogland lately. There are MANY mistakes, but I am going to try not to notice them...so you do the same!:) i might just get up the courage to show you a few more things i have attempted lately...one. step. at. a. time. :)







13 comments:
Serious Aubrey!!! I think you and your family are PERFECT!! Me and Aimee have talked about how cute and retro your house is!! Your kids are darling and you are cute as ever! Who cares what people think! I LOVE the fact that you are having another baby, and that your excited about it!
And that skirt...SO cute! Everytime I touch a sewing machine it breaks haha.
Sooooo cute! Looks like too much cutting for me to want to attempt it, but seriously soooo cute!
You made that? I'm not a great seamstress but do decently well, but that looks way beyond my skills. I think it's fabulous!
It's gorgeous! And don't be so hard on yourself - you are talented and amazing and make beautiful babies - be proud of it! :)
I want a skirt exactly like that one. Can u make it for me? only it willl need to be waaay larger! :)
When people say something about having another baby you should respond, "yep, we're half way done with our family." HAHAHA That should shut 'em up! Loves!
That is so adorable. I cannot believe how old rachel looks here. That's insane.
Aubrey, I think the world of YOU!!! You are beautiful, amazing, your kids are adorable and sweet, and you are having a baby for a REASON so it doesn't matter what others say. That skirt is absolutely perfect, I didn't see one flaw!! I feel honored just to know you!!
Oh Aubrey you silly silly silly girl. You are DARLING and SOOOOOO nice. And you make beautiful kids and super skirts. It must be those pregnancy hormones playing crazy on you. They play crazy on me and I am not prego.
But in all seriousness I feel like this all the time. Just add on top of it that I am chunky women and lets be honest people don't like fat people. Or they think less of them. Boooo hissss stratch.
I have never seen a skirt like that floating around blog land, but now I want to make one. Were there any instructions? Or did you just make it up?
And do you want me to come to the hospital and take pictures for you? Or is that weird? I shot Jen's birth and it wasn't awkward. But you better talk to Jen just to confirm that. Of course I have known Jen longer than you but....think about it. And we don't have to do the birth just something like this http://janaecooper.blogspot.com/2010/11/landon.html
Aubrey, I think you are AMAZING!!!!! Seriously, you have the cutest kids I have EVER seen in my whole life-and not to mention well mannered too! I love your family so much and I look up to you like crazy. Thank you Aubrey for being such a great role model, seriously! And if I could be so domestic and sophisticated as you- I would be such a better person(maybe one day!). Thanks again for being YOU Aubrey Bolton!
Oh my goodness! I just found that tutorial tonight before I checked the blogs! I totally love it!! I think you did a fantastic job on it!!
I know as women, it's hard to not be too hard on ourselves, especially when we always want things to be so perfect. You are beautiful, talented, and an amazing woman! Give yourself a break, chica!
Love you!
Are you kidding? You made that?! It's amazing! Where can I find that tutorial?
I can't see anything wrong with that skirt! I think it looks so cute! I wish I could make that! I have to tell you that I am the same way! I try and try to do so many different things and they never turn out the way I was hoping. I think it is great your having another child! If I could have had more I would have a lot more so show off that cute belly!
Keep your head up because you are great with everything you do!
Post a Comment